[Gdal-dev] GDALGetOpenDatasets

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 8 11:29:11 EDT 2006

David Marteau wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is something I do not understand with the C function
> GDALOpenDatasets : why this function requires a  GDALDatasetH*** as
> input  ?
> The returned pointer from GDALDataset::GetOpenDatasets is a
> GDALDataset** and then should be cast to a GDALDatasetH* ,(which
> translate to void**) not a GDALDatasetH** ? Thus the required parameter
> should be a GDALDatasetH** instead.
>
> Please, tell me I have missed something here.

David,

Yikes!  You are quite right.  I have corrected this in CVS.  I normally
hate to change stable C APIs, even when they are wrong, but I will break
my rule of thumb in this case because:

  1) This function is very very rarely used.

  2) The change doesn't affect the ABI.  At most it would mean calling
     code needs to be altered a bit to compile.