[Gdal-dev] python gdal 1.3.2 and geos

Didrik Pinte dpinte at itae.be
Fri Sep 8 13:45:36 EDT 2006

Le vendredi 08 septembre 2006 à 09:02 -0700, Christopher Barker a
écrit :
> Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > You were right. It's a Debian bug.
> >
> > The following library cannot coexist on the system :
> >
> > /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so
> >
> > /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/multiarray.so
> >
> > When they are both present, I get the GEOS exception.
>
> For what it's worth, I have both of those on my Fedora Core 4 system,
> and have never had a problem, even if I import both Numeric and numpy in
> the same app.
>
> This might be worth a post to the numpy list, at least if you're using
> recent versions of both Numeric and numpy.
>
> -Chris

I've identified the culprit and made a test case.

When matplotlib/pylab is configured to use the numpy library and loaded
into my application, it causes the GEOS exception. So it's not a numpy
problem but probably a matplotlib specific bug.

Didrik