[Gdal-dev] joining DBFs

Neil Best nbest at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 11 09:48:41 EDT 2006

Can someone point me to a straightforward way to join attributes from an
   additional dbf table using either OGR or GRASS, or even Perl?  It's
so easy in Arc that I would think this has been solved in our world
also.  So far my impression is that I would have to script a row-by-row
UPDATE since the SQL drivers don't support any type of JOIN afaik.  It
seems like I have seen an example somewhere using a Perl DBF module but
I can't put my finger on it.  I'll keep digging and hopefully this wheel
has been invented.

Neil