[Gdal-dev] Adobe SVG to be discontinued next year

Ben Crane crane_ba at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 11:19:28 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have just found out that Adobe will be discontinuing
support/distribution of their SVG Viewer. This has
alarmed me to a certain degree and has made me think
about possible contingency plans should (worst case
scenario I know and very unlikely) SVG become a
second-grade product.

Has anyone used the php_ogr libraries with Macromedia
Flash? If so, what was your general impression? I am
seriously considering having a go at developing what
I'm currently working on in Flash (parallel
development) in case I have to move over.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Ben Crane