[Gdal-dev] MSVCRT80.dll

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Tue Sep 12 12:27:15 EDT 2006

With the stricter checking for DLL compatibility in Visual Studio, I've
found that it now matters a lot more whether things were compiled with
the debug or non debug version of the runtime library, i.e. /MD vs /MDd.
So you'd better make sure you're using the smae runtime libraries for
everything, including your application, GDAL, and any of the DLLs that
GDAL depends upon if you built those separately. i.e. you might find you
have to build two different versions of GDAL, one for debug and one for
release. In earlier versions you seemed to be able to get away with this
more.

At least, this is the conclusion I came to a while back ad it seems to
be working, but to be honest, I don't fully understand all the  manifest
/ DLL issues in VS 2005 ad it seems poorly explained in the docs.

Cheers,

Sy