[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr creating shapefile

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Tue Sep 12 15:25:41 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I initially posted this on the postgis mailing list but was informed that it
was better suited for this list. So, below is the problem I've been having.
I'll greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thank you -Frances

I have been trying to figure out how to create a shapefile using
ogr2ogr. I haven't been able to find much on it through google and the
user pages so I thought one of you might be able to help.

Here's my statement:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" test "PG:dbname=mydb host=localhost
user=postgres password=postgres" -sql "Select pop from getPop()"

When I click enter I get an Application Error that states the memory
could not be "read". I'm sure it's in my syntax, but I can't figure it
out. I would like to know if there are other ways to accomplish this as
well.

Thank you,
Frances Collier