[Gdal-dev] OOP Question regarding OGR_L_GetExtents

Ben Crane crane_ba at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 06:40:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Back to this query. I have no really OOP experience
with any programming language so this is all a bit of
a steep learning curve in many ways. I know this isn't
an OOP area, but since many of you will be familiar to
OOP and the PHP_OGR classes, it seemed the best place.

I cannot access the information in provided by
OGR_L_GetExtents using the normal array access method
because (I believe) it is a class and therefore the
rules are different.

Now. I've hunted around on the web and can't get a
straight answer from anywhere so here it is. All I can
find is how to create classes and hown to call/pass
data to them...but nothing on how to access existing
data stored in a class and assign that data to
standard php variables.

To access the 2 coordinate pairs held within the
OGREnvelope() class using OOP techniques? I believe
since the OGREnvelope class is in ogr_core.h that I
need to get hold of this information after
OGR_L_GetExtents has been successfully used.

Thanx,
Ben