[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" -- Does this even work at all?!?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Sep 18 11:56:02 EDT 2006

Bill,

I didn't check the version of MITAB that is used in GDAL 1.3.2 (that's
the version you're using, right?), but there was a bug at some point
around MITAB 1.5.0 that resulted in invalid .MAP files being generated,
this may well be what you ran into.

This has been fixed in MITAB 1.5.1 (2006-07-25) but I'm not sure if I
have updated the GDAL/OGR code with the latest code after the MITAB
1.5.1 release (doh!).

I am on the road right now, this combined with a computer HD crash so I
can't backport the latest MITAB source in OGR myself before next week at
least.

Daniel

P.S. You didn't get any reply to your mutliple posts on this topic last
week because we were all at FOSS4G2006 in Lausanne. You missed a very
good week!  ;)