[Gdal-dev] easy ogr question...

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 19 12:48:36 EDT 2006

Hi Will,

I add new fields to shapefiles all the time. Although, I do it using
R, which (through Frank's shapelib) handles DBFs beautifully. I can
provide details, but since this is now off list, I can provide
details privately. The main thing is that you only need to muck with
the *.dbf file, not the *.shp file itself.

Dan