[Gdal-dev] Wide-character filenames with GDAL file IO?

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Sep 20 05:13:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:50:18PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> BTW, there is a very nice generic UTF-8 manipulator which
> may be helpful for GDAL too:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/utfcpp

Mateusz,

Thanks pointing that project, looks useful for some tasks! But it seems
it doesn't support UCS-2 encoding which we need to use in Windows
wopen() function. I am mainly thinking about IBM ICU library, because it
support a large amount of helpful localization functions which can be
used in GDAL, not only string conversion stuff.

Regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev