[Gdal-dev] IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Apr 1 11:15:32 EDT 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> There's been an error long time (the only error) in the Perl bindings
>  autotest because of IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform and a subsequent
>  IdrisiDataset::GetGeoTransform failing to produce identical
> transformation. I thought I had reported it on the this list or as a
>  bug, but can't find it anywhere.
>
> My question is should the IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform modify
> adfGeoTransform, from which is reported in GetGeoTransform? If not,
> then I can just skip that test, if yes, then that's probably a bug?

Ari,

According to my understanding, the IdrisiDataset::GetGeoTransform()
fills passed array with transformation parameters, so it modifies the array.

AFAIK, the semantic of IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform() is that the
array with parameters is passed as read-only, so it shouldn't
be modified.

Even if the prototype of IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform() does not
explicitly inform about constness of input parameter,
I think it's safe to assume the following:

IdrisiDataset::SetGeoTransform( double const* padfGeoTransform );

> Then, I see the buildbot is running a csharp-test. Maybe it would be
> a good idea to run the Perl-bindings test? Regards,

Ari, please send me instructions how to configure/run Perl bindings test
and I will add it to the buildbot, no problem.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net