[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp -rn(default) vs -rc

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:39:54 EDT 2007

Steve,

Yes you can supply multiple input files to mosaic into a single output file.
You can get the -co options for your output format by going to:
http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html and finding your output format
or
*--format* *format*List detailed information about a single format driver.
The *format* should be the short name reported in the *--formats* list, such
as GTiff.
-wo is at:
http://www.gdal.org/structGDALWarpOptions.html#0ed77f9917bb96c7a9aabd73d4d06e08

John

On 4/5/07, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

> Hi John, et al,
>
> You example a) implies that you can supply multiple input files to
> mosaic into a single output file. Can you do that in one command? So
> multiple files names are on the command line and the last one is the
> output file? That would be very sweet.
>
> Also do you know where the various options for -wo and -co are listed.
> They are not in the man pages. There is only the less than useful
> comment "There is a list of available ones. " and not reference as to
> where.
>
> -Steve
>
> John Mitchell wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Within gdalwarp where does using the higher quality option of -rc(cubic
> > resampling) verses the default of nearest neighbour resampling have the
> > greatest impact as far as quality and also as far as speed.
> > Either
> > a.) running gdalwarp to mosaic a number of tiles together and at the
> > same time reproject
> >
> >   i.e.  gdalwarp.exe -wo SKIP_NOSOURCE=YES  -s_srs EPSG:" + EPSG + "
> > -t_srs EPSG:" + EPSG_wgs84 + " -rc -co tiled=yes -q " + inputFiles + " "
> > + rasterFile
> >
> > b.) running gdalwarp to reduce the resolution but not changing the
> > projection and not mosaicking
> >  i.e.  gdalwarp.exe -tr " + psx + " " + psy + "  -s_srs EPSG:" +
> > EPSG_wgs84 + " -t_srs EPSG:" + EPSG_wgs84 + " -rc -co tiled=yes -q " +
> > rasterFile + " " + warpedSplitRasterFile
> >

> > Will it be faster to reduce resolution against a file via gdalwarp that
> > has already been reduced and will the quality be the same?  As an
> example:
> > 1.) I mosaic a number of tiles at full resolution
> > 2.) I reduce the mosaic from 1 by 1/2
> > 3a.) I reduce the mosaic from 1 by 1/4
> > 3b.) I reduce the mosaic from 2 by 1/2
> >
> > Between 3a and 3b will 3b be faster and will the quality be the same?
> >
> > Any other suggestions on speeding up gdalwarp would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > --
> > John J. Mitchell

John J. Mitchell