[Gdal-dev] Re: Cannot find GDALGetRasterBandXSize in C API

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 11 07:26:08 EDT 2007

Artur Redzko wrote:
> I use GDAl 1.4 and during mapping GDAL14.DLL I get error binding
> GDALGetRasterBandXSize, GDALGetRasterBandYSize procedures under Delphi.
> Do these procedures are not shared anymore in DLL or have changed names?

Artur,

I do not know anything about removal of these functions from the GDAL C API.
As I see, they are included in DLL exports, in gdal14.dll:

D:\dev\gdal\_svn\trunk\gdal>dumpbin.exe /exports gdal14.dll | grep
GDALGetRasterBand
       2066  A47 00005BCD _GDALGetRasterBand at 8 =
@ILT+19400(_GDALGetRasterBand at 8)
       2067  A48 00005EDE _GDALGetRasterBandXSize at 4 =
@ILT+20185(_GDALGetRasterBandXSize at 4)
       2068  A49 00005556 _GDALGetRasterBandYSize at 4 =
@ILT+17745(_GDALGetRasterBandYSize at 4)

Also, they are still listed in the C API docs:
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_8h.html

> Maybe I need a new DLL, can you send me latest gdal DLL ?

Sure, but I can send you only binaries built using Visual C++ 8.0 compiler
(Visual Studio 2005). Give me a note if it will work for you.

p.s. Artur, if you don't mind, post your questions on the gdal-dev list
please, so other users will have a chance to find answers that might be
helpful for them too. Thank you!

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot