[Gdal-dev] Multichannel JPEG2000 images

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Apr 11 08:45:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

How well does GDAL support multichannel JPEG2000 images?  It seems not to like if some channels have different pixel sizes, but what might happen if I first convert all Landsat bands to have the same pixel size and then compress all the bands to a single JP2 file.  Can I then pick out any three channels I want to composite a colour image?  I would love to try this with Mapserver, so that the user could easily select for example 7-4-2 of 4-3-2 band combinations out of the single JPEG2000 image set without a need to make separate physical file sets for each combination.  Another possibility might be to build JPEG2000 jpx-files with several codestreams but I think that at least those are not supported, by GDAL.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-