[Gdal-dev] Proposal for Unified Windows Binaries

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Apr 16 02:31:09 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Generally speaking if you use the C API I *think* there should be
> no cross-heap / cross-runtime problems but I'm not 100% sure of this
> myself.  I'm imagining shipping a core built with VC7.1.

The current bindings use the C API but they also use the Colortable
class C++ API. That may cause some problems when trying to use a GDAL
DLL built with other compiler than what you are using.

> I think if we build with VC7.1

Where can one get (even buy) VC7.1 (aka Visual C++ .NET 2003)?

My opinion is that the GDAL DLL binary package should be distributed as
an end-users version and then there should be an associated developers
package with include files and import libraries and/or DEF files.

Best regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning