[Gdal-dev] In memory OGR layers?

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Thu Apr 19 20:08:02 EDT 2007

Is there an OGR format that I can use to create a vector layer in
memory? Similar to the MEM driver for GDAL, but for vector layers?

In my application I have a need to create a vector layer and I don't
want it to be backed up with a file unless the user subsequently decides
to save it as one. However, I want my same vector layer rendering
machinery to be able to handle regular OGR layers as well, so it would
be convenient if I could create an internal memory layer and access it
via OGR.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Simon