[Gdal-dev] Java and the build environment

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Apr 22 06:21:58 EDT 2007

Andrea Aime kirjoitti:

> On mingw I cannot even make gdal compile, I guess I need a "gdal+mingw
> for dummies" guide to try this road.

Get MinGW-5.1.3 exe, MSYS-1.0.10.exe, w32api-3.8.tar.gz,
binutils-2.17.50-20060824-1.tar.gz and install them (this may not be
comprehensive list but start with MinGW and execute the install package
and try to add gcc etc. - the tar packages you just unpack to c:\mingw).
Then open MSYS prompt, go to the dir where you unpacked GDAL, and issue
commands:

./configure
make
make install

And you should have libgdal-1.dll in your c:\msys\1.0\local\bin and
libgdal-1.dll.a in c:\msys\1.0\local\lib.

Easy :)

For the bindings I can then only tell how to proceed to get the Perl
ones compiled, installed and used.

Perhaps I should copy this to
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingWithMinGW

Ari