[Gdal-dev] Re: GDAL Perl compilations

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Apr 23 09:43:04 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres kirjoitti:
> I'm not too familiar with this WriteMakefile stuff but I guess we
> should take over something from nmake.opt  like $INC, $GDALLIB,
> $EXTERNAL_LIBS or so.
> Is Makefile.PL capable to include these variables somehow?

Sure. One straight-forward way would be to open nmake.opt and grep the
information from there, but it really is not a big problem to manually
edit it, compared to the problem of actually compiling it. Right now the
Makefile.PL works more or less as it is in MinGW and in Linux. Once I
get it to compile with VC 7.1 I'll add automatic support for it.

Regards,

Ari