[Gdal-dev] libgdal.so: open failed: No such file or directory

Gregory Yetman gyetman at ciesin.columbia.edu
Mon Apr 23 12:30:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

Hopefully this isn't too newbie, but I can't find an answer on the forums.

I've compiled GDAL 1.4.1 on solaris (SunOS 5.10) successfully but I'm
having trouble running most commands. With gdalinfo, ogr2ogr, ogrinfo,
etc. I get:

ld.so.1: gdalinfo: fatal: libgdal.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

The compile options that I used are below. Note that I'm not root on
this machine, so I'm using a local folder and no python support. I've
included the gdal /bin folder on my path and the /lib folder in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

configure --without-libtool
--without-python
--prefix=/greg/sfw/gdal
--exec-prefix=/greg/sfw/gdal
--with-xerces-inc=/greg/sfw/xerces/xerces-c-solaris_28-cc_62/bin

Gregory Yetman
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN)
Columbia University
e-mail: gyetman (at) ciesin.columbia.edu
tel: (845) 365-8982