[Gdal-dev] Pixel Loss When Resampling

Mike Richardson mike at scenomics.com
Mon Apr 23 16:24:55 EDT 2007

There is a discussion about reprojecting imagery and pixel loss. Wouldn't
some pixel loss be normal, depending on the type of imagery? SDTS files are
already projected in UTM and it seems to me that the data is a bit lossy,
especially in scan lines near the top of the image. The scan lines there
have fewer pixels than the scanlines near the bottom, especially as you
approach the north or south pole. [ Background: SDTS files contain data that
has already been projected onto a sphere.]

I think another important question is: What are the correct results? I think
some pixel loss might be "correct" in some cases.