[Gdal-dev] Java and the build environment

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Apr 25 13:43:52 EDT 2007

Andrea Aime kirjoitti:
> thanks for the heads up. In fact, the mingw installer downloaded and
> installed w32api and binutils for me once I asked for the g++ compiler

I think the default binutils is too old.

> c:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
> cannot find /c/progetti/gdal/gdalMing/frmts/o/.libs/EnvisatFile.o

I've got the same problem - now, after updating from trunk. The problem
is in .libs/libgdal.la.lnkscript which is created by libtool. If you
copy and paste the last command and replace it with frmts/o/.libs/*.o
port/.libs/*.o gcore/.libs/*.o alg/.libs/*.o o
gr/ogrsf_frmts/o/.libs/*.o ogr/.libs/*.o you should be able to run the
last command (providing there are no ogrinfo.o or similar in the
ogr/.libs/).

But the problem is with the libtool or something. The problem seems to
be only in MinGW. Damn.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma