[Gdal-dev] Feedback on JP2KAK RasterIO implementation?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 26 09:22:34 EDT 2007

John Johnson wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Have you gotten much feedback on your new RasterIO implementation for
> JP2KAK that you announced back in Feb?
>
> We're about to rev one of our products use of GDAL from 1.3.2 and are
> trying to decide on 1.4.1 or TOT. The stability of 1.4.1 is very
> appealing, but many of our customers use JP2KAK for very large images
> and could really benefit from the new RasterIO implementation.

John,

The feedback on the JP2KAK optimizations has been positive, but I wouldn't
say it has been all that extensively tested.

I do believe you can just drop the gdal/frmts/jp2kak/jp2kakdataset.cpp
(and associated makefiles) from trunk back into 1.4 branch without any
problem.  So 1.4.1 + a retrofit jp2kak driver should be an option.

I do believe you need Kakadu 5.0 or newer with the trunk version of the
JP2KAK driver.