[Gdal-dev] gdaladdo errors on Linux

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 18:51:18 EDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> Richard Greenwood wrote:
> > I've got an odd situation. I have a set of TIFFs that I can add
> > overlays to under Windows and Mac OS X, but not Linux.
> >
> > The gdaladdo error under Linux is:
> >
> > ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 2, Y offset 4
> > ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 2, Y block offset 4
> > ERROR 1: F43110A1.TIF:DumpModeDecode: Not enough data for scanline 256
> > ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedTile() failed.
> >
> > (These 4 error repeat "forever")
> >
> > The images are 8 bit TIFFs with a 13 color table. The Linux and OS X
> > versions of gdaladdo are identical (1.3.2.0) the Windows version is
> > 1.4.0.0. I have run gdaladdo on the Linux box successfully in the
> > past.
>
> Richard,
>
> Do you use internal or external libtiff ?

I honestly do not know. The Linux server is a remote server that I
know very little about It is running Linux 2.4.33.3 stable Slackware
11.0. I did a minimal ./configure, make install of gdal. If you can
give me any pointers as to how to determine more about my libtiff I
can of course research it more.

> Could you give me your dataset, so I can test it myself too?

I put a ~4MB samle at:
    http://www.sublettewyo.com/250k.zip

I appreciate your interest in this problem, but please do not put
undue effort into solving as I can easily work around the problem.

Thanks very much!
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood