[Gdal-dev] Building GDAL + JNI bindings using MinGW

Gibbs, Solomon Solomon_Gibbs at sra.com
Wed Aug 1 15:42:23 EDT 2007

 The answer is apparently that you need to make sure to pass the linker
either --kill-at or --add-stdcall-alias for the JNI libraries. This is
not done in the existing makefile.

It just figures that I would spend days working on the issue and then
figure it out minutes after I post to the list. :(

As a side note, the makefile for the JNI libs builds dlls with names
like "lib*jni.dll" but the Swig-written Java classes attempt to load
"*jni.dll". Since the Windows loader does not ignore the "lib" prefix, I
also had to update the makefile with the unprefixed library names as
well.

I would still appreciate any clarification on what the development
status of the JNI bindings is, per my previous post, though.

Thanks,

Solomon