[Gdal-dev] problem translating ilwis-files and georeference

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 13:35:43 EDT 2007

Christian.Strobl at dlr.de wrote:

> hi list,
>
> has anbody experiences with gdal_translate and ilwis? if i am using the
> following command
>
> gdal_translate.exe -of ILWIS file1.tif file2
>
> the resulting ILWIS-file has no georeference (no grf-file). what i am
> doing wrong.
>
> thanks for your help and greetings from munich
> christian
>
> p.s. file1 has the complete georeference imformation, for example:

Christian,

I just tried a similar translation on linux with a WGS84 georeferenced
file, and the .grf file was produced without any problem.  I'm a bit at
a loss as to why it isn't working at your end.

I have put my input file at:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/data/gtiff/small_world.tif

Hmm, interesting.  I tried the same translation on windows using FWTools
1.3.4 and it had the same problem (no grf file).  Well, this appears to be
a windows related problem.  I'd appreciate it if you could file a bug
report on this in Trac and I'll follow up with the ILWIS driver maintainer
and/or fix this myself.