[Gdal-dev] VRTKernelFilteredSource and nodata

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 8 09:54:42 EDT 2007

Asger Sigurd Petersen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Guess my previous post about the subject was too messy to make sense, so I
> have sharpened up ☺
>
> Is there any reason why the VRTKernelFilteredSource doesn’t respect nodata
> values? I have found it very easy to implement (even with my c++ skills),
> and that makes me wonder why it wasn’t done when the driver was written.
>
> I will of course share the code I have written if it has any interest.

Asger,

The earlier email was quite sensible, but I felt that responding required
a careful review of the existing code which would take a while.  When I
didn't get to it immediately I soon lost track of the issue.

The original client who funded the VRTKernelFilteredSource work didn't care
about nodata values, so I didn't address it at the time.  But I agree it is
desirable that it should be supported.  If you prepare patches, please file
the changes as a ticket in Trac.  If you don't, it would still be helpful
for you to file the issue in Trac with details from your earlier email.