[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.4.2 jp2kakadu, optimized RasterIO question

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 05:23:50 EDT 2007

Hi list.

Some months ago (in March 2007) we slightly modified the
jp2kakdataset.cppcode from GDAL Trunk repo to meet our needs.

Actually, I will align my code to the last tagged version of GDAL (1.4.2).
In the context of the Jp2Kakadu format, I noticed that the
jp2kakdataset.cppof the tagged version of GDAL does not contain some
parts of code available
in the trunk, such as DirectRasterIO and TestUseBlockIO methods (added in
February).

Will these new optimized IRasterIO sections be added in the next tag of GDAL
or they are experimental code and need to be more deeply tested prior to go
stable?

Thank you very much for your attention.

--
Best Regards,