[Gdal-dev] Symbian OS Port

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Aug 22 19:57:02 EDT 2007

Ben Greene wrote:
> I'm interested in using some of the core GDAL functionality on Symbian OS
> 9+, but I haven't had much experience porting c++ projects.

Ben,

This is an interesting idea.
This is on my TODO list, though somewhere near the end.
Anyway, I'd be interested in testing and contributing (mostly with
concepts) if time permits.

> Can anyone recommend some good resources on the subject,
> or a good starting point (possibly the Windows CE port)?

I started porting GDAL to Windows CE from CPL sub-library.
CPL is a kind of "standard multiplatform library" used inside GDAL.
So, I'd suggest to grab code from trunk/gdal/port and try to compile for
Symbian OS.

> The initial functionality I'm interested in is mainly coordinate
> transformations/warping of vector data.

I'd start with:
- CPL
- OGR (trunk/gdal/ogr excluding ogrsf_frmts)

What development platform do you use? What compiler, IDE, etc.?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net