[Gdal-dev] Symbian OS Port

Ben Greene bgreene at rapidmap.com.au
Wed Aug 22 21:38:06 EDT 2007

>Ben Greene wrote:
>> Mateusz Loskot wrote:

>>> I'd start with:
>>> - CPL
>>> - OGR (trunk/gdal/ogr excluding ogrsf_frmts)
>>>
>>> What development platform do you use? What compiler, IDE, etc.?
>>
>> I'm currently developing for UIQ3 using Carbide C/C++ (eclipse
based).
>> I'm using the UIQ3 SDK compilers, which I believe are gcc based.
>> I'm also interested in developing for the S60 platforms eventually,
just
>> my test device is UIQ3 so that's my starting point.
>
>Ben,
>
>Is the Carbide C/C++ free?
>I may be wrong, but I've seen it's commercial software.
>
>I have Nokia E50 with Symbian OS 3rd Edition.
>Do you know if if there is any free development platform I could use?

Mateusz,

There are commercial versions of Carbide.c++, which provide advanced UI
design/on-device debugging tools, but there is a free version available,
and
the compilers are also free.

The free version of the IDE seems to have all the tools needed
(especially
for UIQ, as none of the non-free features seem to work for the platform
yet).

There should be a way to configure regular eclipse to work with the
compilers
and tools, and there are also tools for Visual Studio 2003 (no longer in
development however).

Cheers,
Ben