[Gdal-dev] Re: Coordinate to pixel space? (C#)

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Thu Aug 23 06:46:06 EDT 2007

Tomas R skrev:
> This I should have asked a long time ago.
>
> Can GDal give me a translation from the maps coordinate space to/from
> pixel space? That is if I Gdal has a dataset of a map with known
> projection and known edge coordinates.
>
> As simple as that.
>
> /Tomas
I missed a bit of data above. The real question is if it is possible to
get the the pixel coordinate given a projection and map data (edge
coordinates, resolution) of a given coordinate in projection space when
using Gdal with the C# bindings? If there exists  a function which can
do this?

And vice versa. If I have a pixel in the map, can I call a function
which gives me the coordinates in projection space for that pixel?

Ok, perhaps not so hard to implement myself but still, why do it if Gdal
can?

Yours
Tomas