[Gdal-dev] Different projection results between gdalwarp and gdal python bindings

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Aug 28 14:07:25 EDT 2007

Frank said:
> I have reviewed the code used in gdalwarp, and in
> CreateAndReprojectImage() and while their internal implementation is
> slightly different it isn't clear to me why they would come up with
> different results.
> I've tried reproducing your problem with FWTools 1.3.4 on linux but
> the results match exactly.
> I suspect some sort of subtle difference in the environment variables
> or GDAL library version between the gdalwarp and python case.

I wonder if there might be some strange connection between Jose's bug
and the one I fell over where win32 fwtools' gdalwarp does not maintain
source projection info? http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1471

Jose: please try using win32 fwtools 1.06 or earlier. That is the last
known version where gdalwarp retains the projection info (for me).

matt wilkie
Geographic Information,
Information Management and Technology,
Yukon Department of Environment