[Gdal-dev] Motion: Funding for TShirts and Bug Squash

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 15:38:20 EDT 2007

Motion: To authorize Frank Warmerdam to spend up to $650USD on purchasing
50 "Team GDAL" tshirts, and to authorize Frank Warmerdam to spend up to
$350 on food and refreshments for "GDAL FOSS4G Bug Squash" event.

--

I would like use sponsorship funds to support our bug squash with food and
refreshments.

I'd also like to use some of it to purchase T-shirts for participants in
the bug squash, and to give to other developers, supporters, opinion
leaders and cronies.  I'll send another email with more detailed thoughts
on the shirts.

I think of both as "high leverage" uses of the funds to support fun
community type stuff around GDAL/OGR.

By my computations this expenditure fits in our budget.  By the way,
we have (contrary to my incorrect "from memory" estimate on mapserver-dev)
collected $29500 in sponsorship so far, giving us $22125 to spend - a
modest portion of which has been spent on the first development
contract with Matuesz (final invoice not yet in).