[gdal-dev] Contour generation method in bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Dec 2 13:14:25 EST 2007

Howard Butler kirjoitti:
>> I'll try something along these lines in
>> https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/ajolma/
>>

> I like this, but I would agree that it is too late to make this big of
> a change for the 1.5 release.  Additionally, one other organization
> change I would make is to put classes of each sub-library in its own
> directory:
>
> ./include/ogr/Geometry.i (or ./include/ogr/OGRGeometry.i)
> ./include/gdal/ColorTable.i
> ./include/gdal/RasterAttributeTable.i
> ./include/osr/SpatialReference.i

Rather easy to do in subversion. I agree that this is not for 1.5. I'd
like you to try the other bindings in this framework some time in the
future -- if we agree that this could be the future?. It's a bit of a
job but probably worth trying. Basically it would mean creating init,
enums, renames, classes and extensions .i files for cpl, gdalconst,
gdal, ogr and osr (as in the perl subdir), and renaming the typemaps
file to typemaps.i. There will probably be a number of small things to
do before generate and build work.

Cheers,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning