[gdal-dev] charset info from TAB

Daniel daniel112b at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:06:17 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 4:30 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to get the charset info from a .TAB file with OGR in
> > order to handle strings correctly. I couldn't find a way to do that
> > using the API.
>
> Daniel,
>
> Generally speaking OGR is not aware of charset/codepage issues.
>
> I'm not sure if there is a special MITAB call for this info or not.

Unfortunatly MITAB does not expose this info either, in the 1.4 branch the
property is private so i had to expose it myself by adding a getter method.
In the trunk the property is atleast protected so that way i can get it
without modifying the mitab code itself in the future.

Would it be possible to add some exposure of charset/codepage info to the
API?

Best Ragards,
  Daniel Bäck