[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.5.0 Beta 1 Released

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Dec 4 13:35:43 EST 2007

Tim Bowden kirjoitti:
> configure: error: Please correct Expat options, or don't enable Expat.

Since Expat is on by default, it should perhaps just say: Please disable
Expat.

The configure fails on this also on MinGW MSYS, but Expat can be used,
there are binary versions of the DLL with the header files available. I
managed the compile like this:

use --with-expat-lib=/mingw/bin/libexpat.dll in configure
edit GDALmake.opt to have -Lc:/mingw/bin -lexpat in LIBS and
-Ic:/mingw/include  in EXPAT_INCLUDE

I did not try to find one working command line for the configure.

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning