[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.5.0 Beta 1 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 4 15:12:48 EST 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
>> Folks,
>>
>> A first Beta for the GDAL/OGR 1.5.0 release has been prepared
>
> configure puts -g into *FLAGS in GDALmake.opt and the result is (in
> MinGW) a 21 MB DLL, without it, the DLL is < 6 MB. I wonder how it got
> there since I did not request a debug build.

Ari,

The default flags for configure are normally "-g -O2" if nothing else
is specified.  I used to filter out -g but that was an unusual behavior and
I have dropped it for 1.5.0b1.

You need to set CFLAGS=-O2 and CXXFLAGS=-O2 if you want to avoid debug
information.

To the best of my knowledge this is normal behavior for configure based
packages.