[gdal-dev] gdalinfo on an NITF file I get a warning message of "Warning 1: Image with 11 bits per sample will not be interpreted properly."

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:43:24 EST 2007

Hi,

When running gdalinfo on an NITF file I get a warning message of "Warning 1:
Image with 11 bits per sample will not be interpreted properly." and the
attached gdalinfo file.

What does this warning message mean as far as accurately processing this
file (along with similar NITF files) with gdal tools like gdalwarp,
gdal_translate, gdaltindex, gdalinfo and then displaying this data within
UMN MapServer?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell