[gdal-dev] GDAL Translate errors...

Adam Estrada estrada.adam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:31:05 EST 2007

All,
    I am trying to import some TIFF's to IMG so that I can histogram
match them in ERDAS IMAGINE.  GDAL is much faster at doing this but
there are a couple issues.  1. When I import to IMG using the GDAL
libraries, the software assumes that the input projection is Lambert
Conformal Conic/GRS1980/NAD83 in us_survey_feet.  The input data is
REALLY in state plane FIPS Zone 1702 in us_survey_ft and IMAGINE
imports it correctly.  What do you suppose is going on here?  I tried
to set the parameter -a_srs "EPSG:26982" which should have overridden
that Lambert Conformal Conic but still nothing.  2. When I reproject
to the UTM zone, there is a significant amount of collar data on the
left hand side of each image which makes me think that there is a
projection issue.  This does not happen with the imagery that was
imported from IMAGINE.  So...at this point I think that I will focus
on importing this imagery correctly first the worry abotu reprojecting
it.

AWE