[gdal-dev] gdal and python 2.5 - Continuing in the same line...

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Dec 7 21:56:53 EST 2007

Howard,

I was helping someone that needed to use gdal2types.py from the latest
distribution of FWTools and we got into trouble because Phyton 2.4
couldn't find gdal_fw.dll even tough it was on the PATH. The reason for
that is probably because the user doesn't had enough power to register
environment variable during the running of the installer. I tried to set
the PYTHONPATH on the command prompt but it didn't worked so we finally
called the IT guy to re-install FWTools as administrator and it worked.
Do you know exactly what is missing in a case like that?

Best regards,

Ivan