[gdal-dev] Problems with reading large NITF files

Sophia Parafina sophia.parafina at ionicenterprise.com
Mon Dec 10 15:05:27 EST 2007

I'm reading large nitf files (>2gb) with gdal and it seems to only read
the upper left hand corner first, then it seems to perform a second pass
which reads the entire file.  You can see this behavior in openev.

The problem I'm having is that I'm using gdal_translate to read the
file, I call gdal_translate from java and it seems to return that the
file has been read, but it only seems to read the upper left hand
corner.  Am I crazy of is gdal using 2 passes to read a large nitf file?

sophia