[gdal-dev] Re: ``HDF4Image: Can't get the list of geolocation maps in swath mod07''

Ivan Shmakov ivan at theory.asu.ru
Tue Dec 11 13:55:36 EST 2007

 >> 1643      // Read geolocation data
 >> 1644      nDimMaps = SWnentries( hSW, HDFE_NENTMAP, &nStrBufSize );

 >> However, there `0' is returned...

 > Yes, and that is correct, because your HDF file does not contain
 > dimension maps, i.e. it is slightly broken dataset.

	ACK.

	BTW, I'm going to check GDAL vs. the MODIS datasets available at
	WIST [1].  I'll report the results here.

 > I should admit that I can't fix this thing without either serious
 > reworking the HDF-EOS library logic or hardcoding the workaround into
 > the driver (thing that I hate to do, because there are too many
 > variants of HDF-EOS products and our driver already full of such
 > things).

 > I have filled the bug report on this topic:

 > http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2079

 > Feel free to add yourself to CC: list to be informed on progress.

	ACK.

 > I am afraid that I will not be fixed in 1.5 branch.

	I probably will be able to maintain a locally patched version
	for the time being, if I'd come with any.  I need this
	functionality quite badly.

[1] http://wist.echo.nasa.gov/~wist/api/imswelcome/