[gdal-dev] gdalwarp producing a "black" output image.

estrada.adam at gmail.com estrada.adam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:36:13 EST 2007

All,
    I have 10k images that are in JPEG format and in a projection that
is undesireable for use in the application I need to view them in.
Therefore, I am using gdal_translate to import the file to geoTIFF
which works wonderfully.  When I try to reproject the image using
gdalwarp I get an image with all 0 value pixels for all three bands.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?  The following command
line args have worked in the past with gdalwarp but do not seem to
work at all here.

gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_nodata 0 -a_srs "EPSG:26945" -co "TFW=YES"
-co "COMPRESS=PACKBITS" E:\AerialImagery\RAW\33116a1nw.jpg E:
\AerialImagery\TIFF\33116a1nw.tif

gdalwarp -multi -wm 500000 -srcnodata 0 -dstnodata 0 -of GTiff -s_srs
"EPSG:26945" -t_srs "EPSG:26911" -wo "SAMPLE_GRID=YES" -wo
"SKIP_NOSOURCE=YES" -wo "INIT_DEST=NO_DATA" -wo "WRITE_FLUSH=YES" E:
\AerialImagery\TIFF\33116a1nw.tif E:\AerialImagery\UTM
\33116a1nw_utm.tif

I have tried to reproject this image using other software packages and
I get valid results so maybe there is something that I am missing?
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated...

AWE