[gdal-dev] ArcSDE layer GetGeomType()

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Thu Dec 13 17:21:43 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm using OGR/C# to access some layers stored in an ArcSDE data store. I
can connect to the data source, and enumerate through the layers, and
get the OGRFeatureDefn for each layer, but when I get the geometry type
using GetGeomType(), I always get back wkbUnknown. Just wondered if this
feature works and is enabled by default? Looking at the code, I see
there is a config variable that can disable retrieving the layer
geometry type, but as far as I know that is not set (is there a place
where the default values for these things live?). Any ideas?

Cheers,

Sy