[gdal-dev] HDF-EOS vs. GDAL: order of dimensions

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Tue Dec 18 09:02:16 EST 2007

Andrey,

Andrey Kiselev wrote:

> I would like to have the last option implemented. This requires addition
> of the open option concept to raster core of GDAL.

Can we add the user-defined dimension request to the end of the
subdataset name string?

HDF4_SDS:subdataset_type:file_name:subdataset_index:user-defined-dimension

Ex:

gdalinfo HDF4_SDS:MODIS_L1B:my-hdf-file.hdf:2:134x2040
                                               ^^^^^^^^

That will not require any changes in the GDALOpen() API.

Regards,

Ivan