[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.5.0 Release Freeze / Branching

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 18 17:22:38 EST 2007

Folks,

As part of the 1.5.0RC1 release snapshotting I have created a branch
for the 1.5 stable releases (/branches/1.5).

That means that /trunk in subversion is now the development area for the 1.6.0
release (hopefully out in fall 2008).  Bug fixes that should go into 1.5.1
(or 1.5.0RC2) should be incorporated into branches/1.5.

Some bug fixes may also be suitable for the branches/1.4 tree and I do hope to
produce a 1.4.5 release in the next month or two, as a final 1.4 release.  But
for the most part stable bug fixes will go into the 1.5 branch and new
development will now commence in trunk.

I repeat, the "release quiet time" is now over in trunk - have at!