[gdal-dev] Incomplete gdalwin32exe144.zip binaries distrubution

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Dec 23 21:22:45 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but IMO the gdalwin32exe144.zip
available to download at:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/1.4.4/

is incomplete. There are missing Visual C++ 2003 (7.1) run-time
libraries like msvcr71.dll and sisters.

Unfortunately, it *seems* Microsoft does not offer redistributable
package with 7.1 run-time libraries to download anymore.
So, we need o provide users with these run-time DLL as deployed together
with GDAL binaries. Certainly, I'm talking about Release binaries only.
The VC++ EULA does allow to distribute these binaries.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net