[gdal-dev] GDAL linking problems looking for libjpeg.

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Dec 26 22:34:48 EST 2007

Well, I see that you configured jpeg with /usr/local/internal.  GDAL
configure is kindof odd - it builds on previous successes, so even if /
usr/local/internal is wrong, a previous success with /usr/local/lib
may cause it to think the jpeg check succeeded.

Or maybe it's as Howard suggested, and you meant to use the internal
jpeg?

On Dec 26, 2007, at 8:11 PM, John Helly wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm building GDAL 1.4.4 on OS X Leopard and have all the requisite
> libraries installed in /usr/local/xxx where xxx is the relevant
> library.  I've successfully built GDAL previously a number of times
> but this time am adding Python support.  I'm using the following
> bash script to do the configure:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gdal-1.4.4 \
>   --libdir=/usr/local/lib \
>   --with-netcdf=/usr/local/netcdf-3.6.1  \
>   --with-jpeg=/usr/local/internal \
>   --with-png=/usr/local/lib \
>   --with-libtiff=/usr/local/lib \
>   --with-geotiff=/usr/local/lib \
>   --with-geos=yes \
>   --with-perl            \
>   --with-php             \
>   --with-ruby            \
>   --with-python
>

> The make gets quite a long way through the build but then I run into
> this odd reference to libjpeg.62.0.0.dylib that actually exists in /
> usr/local/lib but the compiler/linker doesn't seem to be able to
> find it and I'm having difficulty understanding why and how to work
> around it.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers.
> --------------
> John Helly, University of California, San Diego
> San Diego Supercomputer Center 9500 Gilman Dr. Mail Code 0527, La
> Jolla CA 92093-0505
> Phone: Voice +01 760 840 8660 mobile / stonesteps (Skype) /
> stonesteps7 (iChat)
> http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan