[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.5.0 (RC2) Binaries

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Dec 27 15:31:30 EST 2007

Howard,

That tool, Performance Monitor is the old File Monitor that Microsoft
bought and is giving away for free:

"FileMon monitors and displays file system activity on a system in
real-time. Its advanced capabilities make it a powerful tool for
exploring the way Windows works, seeing how applications use the files
and DLLs, or tracking down problems in system or application file
configurations."
[http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896642.aspx]

It might help...

Since any application can change the environment variables at anytime
during the execution it is hard to know what is been loaded and from
where. I was luck once to load the GDAL project in VC2003 and run a
binary commercial application and track the GDAL plug-in loading process
in debug mode.

It might work too.

Best regards,

Ivan