[Gdal-dev] Oracle OCI support

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Feb 1 11:16:39 EST 2007

Düster Horst wrote:
> I try to configure gdal-1.4.0 with ogr OCI support. $ORACLE_HOME is
> present and readable. Unfortunately ./configure
> --with-oci=/opt/ora1/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.4/rdbms/public
> reports
>
> checking for Oracle OCI headers in
> /opt/ora1/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.4/rdbms/public... not found

There was a problem with detecting older Oracle versions.
It was fixed after GDAL 1.4.0 release.

Could you try to build latest version from SVN
and see if it works for your Oracle version?
That would be very helpful to unify the Oracle detection for versions
older than 10.x.

> The mentioned dirctory contains three header files:
>
> nzerror.h
> nzt.h
> ociextp.h

FYI, the OCI driver for OGR uses oci.h header - main header of OCI API
and the oci.h file is checked for.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot