[Gdal-dev] Does gdalinfo Bounding Box Information really match DTED / SRTM ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 12:46:24 EST 2007

Michael84 wrote:
> Thank you very much. Is there no GDAL function to have a "point" view of
> GDALDataSet ?

Michael,

No.

Let the evil pixel-as-point people write their own GDAL!

Hmm, that wasn't very mature, was it?

More seriously, the answer is I feel it would be confusing for reports
like gdalinfo to switch between pixel-as-area and pixel-as-point approach
based on some subtle metadata in the dataset.  I also don't see too much
value in a commandline switch since it is only going to be understood by
people once they realize the issue.

I may yet have to change my view on this though.